I hear this a lot and to be honest have been there many times myself.
I have also thought of not having people over because the house was in a mess and what the hell do I wear! In these moments I think we all need to step back and reflect a moment on the bigger picture. Life should be a series of moments, some not so good, but overall it should be enjoyable.
If the fear of ‘What do I Wear’ is stopping you from enjoying the chance of a good moment, it’s time to make some changes.
– think about your lifestyle, body shape, colours that suit you and events coming up.
– do a wardrobe audit, get rid of all the items that don’t suit or fit.
– go shopping armed with a list of things you need.
* If you need some help in this area, let me know or sign up to our newsletter and get your FREE Wardrobe Essential Checklist
– have a calendar or diary and make notes of all the key events coming up as soon as you know about them
– take a moment to think about what you want to wear to those events. Do you need new shoes, accessories, etc to update an existing item in your wardrobe, or a complete new outfit.
– if the event is at your home, don’t leave the menu and cleaning to the last minute.
– if the event is a last minute suggestion, hopefully the wardrobe part is all sorted from the above – but the house is looking worse for wear – simply let your friends know that the washing machine has leaked all over the house and cancel!!!!! Ok, perhaps a little dramatic, but rather than leaving the cleaning to the weekend, do little bits through the week, washing, dusting, etc.
– When you use the BBQ clean it ready for the next one
– And at the end of each day do a tidy of kids toys, etc.
– I always have a bag of chips, jatz or Tim Tams is the pantry for the unexpected drop in’s.
Never underestimate the power of a great outfit.